COMMEMORATION OF THE 66th ANNIVERSARY OF THE KOREAN WAR
AND THE 63rd ANNIVERSARY OF ARMISTICE
JUNE 25, 2016, Saturday, 4PM, at American Legion Post 151
185 Wawayanda Ave, Middletown, NY 10940 (Tel: 845-649-3173)
PROGRAM MC: Mr. Jim Scali, General Secretary of of KWVA Chapter 202
- INVOCATION BY Rev. Lisa Worthington, Pastor, Blooming Grove Congregational Church.
- NATIONAL ANTHEM & Korean Anthem duet by Sop. Soh Young Lee & Ten. Young Hwan Kim
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (Bucky Simpson, KWV, former commander of American Legion)
- MOMENT OF SILENCE for MIA’S DURING WARS.
- INTRODUCTION: KWV
- REMARKS by Dr. Hubert Lee, President of the Korean American Foundation USA/1st VP KWVA CHAPTER 202
- Thank you speech by President John Stellingwerf, KWVA CHAPTER 202
- INTRODUCTION OF SPECIAL GUESTS BY Dr. Hubert Lee: Hon. Ben Gilman, Chairman of IRC in US Congress, Hon. Kwon Young Hae, former Korea,s Minister of Defense, Head of Korean CIA, Senator John Bonacic, Judge Frank Labuda, o/c judge Freehill, Town Supervisor Dan Depew, Commander Irving Breitbart, Former Pres. Of KWVA Dept. of NY.
PART II (ENTERTAINMENT)
- Ensemble: Violinist Jinhwan Kim violinist Miyun Chung (“Your Raise Me Up” & Korean folk songs)
- Harpist Joyce Hoffman (“Ave Maria” of Schubert, “My Song“ of Finandia), “Let There be Peace on Earth” by pianist Charles Matz. Tenor Young Hwan Kim.
- Congratulatory song by Sunguja (Soh Young Lee-Segredo & Young Hwan Kim, Duet)
PART III (DINNER)
- Hello (children’s folk song) by SOH-YOUNG LEE-Segredo, an entertainer, & Young Hwan Kim, “Kumgangsan” by Young Hwan Kim ,” Hee mang Uh Nararo” ( Hopeful country). “Somewhere, Never Walk Along, Climb Mountain”Broadway medley) & Wonderful World, Song of Seoul, & Song of NY.”
- PRESENTATION: Freedom Medal to veterans by two-Star General Kwon, former Secretary of Defense
- 50/50 Raffle(Jim Scali & Mike Aiello)
- Korean folk songs: by Soh-Young Lee-Segredo.
- CLOSING SONGS TOGETHER: ARIRANG
- BENEDICTION :
KOREAN AMERICAN FOUNDATION USA (www.kafusanj.com)
KOREAN WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION ORANGE COUNTY CHAPTER 202